WHO IS SPRINGWOOD HOSPITALITY?
- We’re a Hilton- and Marriott-branded select-service and extended-stay hotel developer and manager, operating within 200 miles of our York, Pennsylvania, headquarters.
- Healthy investor returns and regular cash distributions drive our financial decisions.
- Unparalleled guest satisfaction drives our local decisions.
- Accredited investors invest in our hotels for cash returns and diversification.
- Community banks provide moderate mortgage leverage to fund our hotels.
- We develop hotels in high-barrier-to-entry markets.
- We also provide third-party management services for hotel owners.
- We win national awards because we are driven to excellence and people notice our results.
WHAT IS SPRINGWOOD’S HISTORY?
Springwood Real Estate Services was founded in 1996 by its principal David H. Hogg. It developed and managed retail and multifamily properties, and it dabbled in hotels with help from outside consultants. Springwood Hospitality opened in 2007, and Justin Shelton joined the firm as President in 2009. By 2013 Springwood affiliates managed more than 1.25 million square feet of hotel, commercial, and residential property, including 548 guest rooms and nearly 700 residential units.
In 2015 -2016 Springwood began divesting all of its non-hotel business units. Hospitality is now our ONLY business. Today Springwood manages more than 1,400 Hilton and Marriott branded guest rooms in 14 hotels totaling more than 800,000 square feet. We focus exclusively on developing and managing Hilton and Marriott branded hotels to make money for investors, and we do this with excellence, speed and integrity. Springwood and its affiliates have profitably developed more than 30 projects worth more than $300 million within 280 miles of our York, PA home office. We have helped high-net-worth entities and individuals invest more than $100 million of private capital in these real estate ventures.
During the Covid-19 crisis, all Springwood properties made every mortgage payment on-time, as-agreed. Our financial strength has benefitted Springwood investors for decades, and it was never more important than in the midst of the temporary economic devastation wrought by the pandemic. We remain solid and ready to serve you.
Springwood began third-party hotel management in 2018, helping our customers develop the Home2 Suites by Hilton Harrisburg North and The Wilbur Lititz, Tapestry Collection by Hilton. Springwood’s capable team successfully opened both of these hotels late 2019.